Wire transfer is the fastest mode of receiving money in your Toronto-Dominion Bank account from abroad. You can receive money into your Toronto-Dominion Bank account from a foreign country via International wire transfer. The transaction is initiated by the sender through a financial institution, however, you need to provide your banking details to the sender for successful transfer of money.
International Wire Transfer to Toronto-Dominion Bank
International wire transfer is one of the fastest way to receive money from foreign countries. Banks use SWIFT network for exchanging messages required for performing international wire transfer. Usually, the receiving bank (in Canada) and the sending bank (in other country) need to have a direct arrangement in place to start the swift transfer – this is sometimes referred to as correspondent banking.
Incoming International Wire Transfer Instructions
To receive international wire transfer in your Toronto-Dominion Bank account, please provide the following wire instructions to the sending financial institution:
|Bank Name:||Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada|
|Bank Address:||Your complete bank branch address
and telephone number
|SWIFT BIC Code for Toronto-Dominion Bank:||For Toronto-Dominion Bank, this code is TDOMCATTTOR|
|Toronto-Dominion Bank’s Institution Number:||004|
|Beneficiary Transit Number:||Your five-digit transit number (including all zeros)|
|Beneficiary Account Number:||Your seven-digit account number|
|Beneficiary Name:||Your complete name|
|Beneficiary Address:||Your complete address|
If the transfer is in U.S. dollars, you may need to provide the following additional information from Toronto-Dominion Bank‘s U.S Correspondent Bank:
|Correspondent Bank Name:||Bank of America, New York|
|SWIFT BIC Code:||BOFAUS3NXXX|
|Fedwire ABA Routing Number:||026009593|
Outgoing International Wire Transfer Instructions
To send international wire transfer from your Toronto-Dominion Bank account, You need to know the following information about the person or company receiving the money:
1. Your complete name and address.
2. Your transit number and account number (including all zeros).
3. The recipient’s complete name and address.
4. The recipient’s complete bank name, address.
5. The recipient’s SWIFT Business Identifier Code (BIC), if available
6. The recipient’s complete bank account number.
7. The recipient’s branch or transit number and national sort code number where the funds are to be deposited
8. The recipient’s bank branch address and phone number.
9. The recipient’s valid IBAN if sending to a participating country.
10. The reason or purpose for the wire payment.
Incoming Wire Transfer Fees for Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada
International Incoming Wire Transfer Fees for Toronto-Dominion Bank is as follows:
|Incoming Wire Payment||$17.50 each|
Outgoing Wire Transfer Fees for Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada
International Outgoing Wire Transfer Fees for Toronto-Dominion Bank is as follows:
|For payments $10,000 or less||$30.00 each|
|For payments from $10,000.01 to $50,000||$50.00 each|
|For payments over $50,000||$80.00 each|
Apart from the wire transfer fees, if the transfer involves currency conversion, banks make money on currency conversion as well by giving retail conversion rates to you which is usually 1-2% lower than the market rate. We recommend using services like TransferWise for getting best conversion rates with lower wire transfer fees.
Incoming/Outgoing Wire Transfer Cutoff Time for Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada
1. The Cut-off Time for both Incoming and Outgoing Wire Transfer for Toronto-Dominion Bank is 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT).
2. Any requests received after cutoff time will normally be processed the next working day.